order of fields

Laura K

I am having a problem with the order of the columns with the datagrid. When
ever I try to make columns that are not in the same order as the fields in
the database the datagrid does not show in my live page.

I have tried to change the order in the select statement but that didn't
work.

Laura K

Laura K

Yes I believe so.

Also Now I realized that the datagrid is not paging as well.

Laura K

Eliyahu Goldin

If it is autogenerated, the order in the select statement should matter.

Eliyahu

Laura K

I have changed to autogenerate and the items were moved around. Still got
problems.

1. The order changed but they are still in the wrong order. Different from
the select statement.
2. One of the fields I want I needed to put into a template because it had
three parameter to pass. Because the columns are now autogenerated I get
the template column AND the same field column. Basically the same column
twice one as a link (the template) and one as text.

Ideas?

Laura

Eliyahu Goldin

Then order in what you create the columns should matter, whether in design
or run time.

Eliyahu

Laura K

OK correction.

All are in the right order but I am left with the template problem described
in the previous post. I can not create a template and now I can not change
the column names as well.

Also paging does not work.

Laura

Eliyahu Goldin

Laura,

Looks like you should stick to generating columns in design time. Specify
exact order of columns in datagrid properties panel in Columns dialog.

I can't help you with paging since I am not using it in my projects.

Eliyahu

Laura K

Well I completely redid the datagrid from scratch. Now it works...go
figure.

Quick question. Excuse my ignorance. How do you build the datagrid in
design time as opposed to what I am doing now.

Laura