OT- Mail list services

sloan

Peter,

Not what you're looking for, but I ended up writing a MSMQ service to let
out the emails a little more slowly.
I'm converting it to a WCF service (when I get the time).

The future WCF service will expose 2 end points.
One, a web service...for async sending. And backwards compatibility.

The second, a IsOneWay message to use msmq.

I've added a config setting to say "pause X ms" between each email send.
And I added a behavior to use 1 thread.

It made our internal NetOps people happy (aka, no huge/bulk hits).

But we do not have file-attaching needs, so simple little emails is all we
need.

Anyway, I realize you probably could have come up with that on your own, but
just sharing.

Just a note on the old msmq setup. It had to be a synch read from the
queue..to control the throttling. Experimenting with the async reading of
the queue, had emails flying all over the place.

I haven't tested any WCF stuff as it's still in its infancy.

I've also avoided writing a bunch of proxies as well.
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!158.entry