Outputting an Array of Images - photo gallery scenario

dan

I have written a class that scans a directory then builds a series of
images (thumbnails) and returns an array of Image objects to the
caller. When the call is made from a client aspx page it all looks fine
but when I do a Response.BinaryWrite when in the loop which is
itereating thru' the array of images, I only ever get one image output.
Am I right in saying then that once I do a BinaryWrite call once any
further data is ignored (ie. subsequent images and any other data)...

If so, does anyone have a suggestion/proven alternative??
Thanks in advance,
dan

Ad

bruce barker

the browser only supports one image per request. also a request can return
either html or an image, but not both (actually html 4.0 complient browser
like firefox support inline images, but IE doesn't).

you could but all your tumbnails into one image, and use an imagemap for the
links.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| I have written a class that scans a directory then builds a series of
| images (thumbnails) and returns an array of Image objects to the
| caller. When the call is made from a client aspx page it all looks fine
| but when I do a Response.BinaryWrite when in the loop which is
| itereating thru' the array of images, I only ever get one image output.
| Am I right in saying then that once I do a BinaryWrite call once any
| further data is ignored (ie. subsequent images and any other data)...
|
| If so, does anyone have a suggestion/proven alternative??
| Thanks in advance,
| dan

Top