overlapping text and images in HTML

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?brucie?=

Is that possible? Say, construction of overlapping tables so their contents
are overlayed on the screen?

yes but don't use tables for layout. use CSS

GIORA

Is that possible? Say, construction of overlapping tables so their contents
are overlayed on the screen?

Thanx,
Nir

Toby A Inkster

Mark said:
That is hellacool.

Works in Safari, btw.

Cool. Will update to reflect this.

I was quite surprised about the lack of Mozilla support, although there is
no doubt some strange hack that could fix it.
Could you do it without the javascript, just using css? I'm thinking by
using active and visited, but I don't see how to do it because you have
to change the other table as well as the one you click on.

Might be possible with ":hover"? Simply set both to have 'z-index:1'
initially and then set table:hover { z-index: 2; }