    message.

    Please remind me how to do it

    Pete (Northolt UK)

    p byers, Dec 20, 2009

  2. p byers

    Evertjan. Guest

    p byers wrote on 20 dec 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    You cannot send messages to the client,
    the client haas to ask for information.

    Such servitude is the plight a server.

    However the client page can use Ajax like techniques to ask,
    using clientside code and ask this asp page:

    <%
    response.expires = -100
    if session("buzy") then
    response.write "Please wait - this will take a while"
    end if
    %>

    Evertjan., Dec 20, 2009

  3. p byers

    Tim Slattery Guest

    Response.Buffer=false

    Causes anything generated by the ASP page code to be immediately sent
    to the client, instead of being held until the entire page has been
    created.

    Tim Slattery, Dec 20, 2009
  4. p byers

    p byers Guest