    experienced programmer could give me a hint, namely some good
    keywords?

    Thanks!

    carlosp, Apr 25, 2009

  2. carlosp

    Ian Collins Guest

    You don't have a ask twice!

    Look for openMP.

    Ian Collins, Apr 25, 2009

  3. Juha Nieminen, Apr 26, 2009
  4. carlosp

    Rui Maciel Guest

    What's wrong with pthreads?

    Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel, Apr 26, 2009
  5. carlosp

    Rui Maciel Guest

    Isn't that a common design pattern that is easy to implement?
    What's wrong with mutexes and read-write locks?

    Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel, Apr 28, 2009
  6. Of course.

    Nothing. However, if your looking for extremely scaleable high-performance
    data-structures, well... That's another story... Perhaps best discussed over
    on `comp.programming.threads'.

    Chris M. Thomasson, Apr 28, 2009
  7. carlosp

    SaticCaster Guest

    SaticCaster, Apr 28, 2009
  8. You can create full-blown lock-based work-stealing schedulers in POSIX that
    have pretty darn good scalability. Wait-free work-stealing algorithms are
    another story... Here is a pretty good one:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_frm/thread/8ad297f61b369a41

    That depends on several factors. Anyway, a simple way to get good cache
    performance is to batch up similar actions together and execute them all on
    a single CPU:

    http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix02/full_papers/larus/larus.pdf

    Sometimes. Intel TBB and Clik++ are both based on work-stealing, and those
    algorihtms are not rocket science, IMVHO of course...

    Chris M. Thomasson, Apr 28, 2009

  9. However, COTS are OH SO CONVENIENT. AFAICT, Intel TBB is a very good choice.

    :^)

    Chris M. Thomasson, Apr 28, 2009