@parm @topic @doc

Joseph Moschini

I have noticed c source code comments with a lot of @parm, @topic and @doc in the comment area's has this become some new standard in c that I have missed ?

Jorgen Grahn

It's for documentation generator tool, e.g. doxygen or something like that.
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdparam

Doxygen doesn't seem to have @Doc and @topic though, so it might be
Autoduck like someone else suggested, or possibly some other tool.
The Makefile (or project, or whatever) should contain rules for
generating the docs, and these will reveal what tool was used.

Personal opinion: Doxygen is nice, but I don't like the very detailed
and formalized markup -- I prefer to document my functions in complete
sentences.

Fortunately @parm and so on are completely optional in Doxygen. Don't
remember how it is with Autoduck -- I used it ~10 years ago, but I
wasn't very impressed.

/Jorgen

Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
@parm, @topic and @doc all sound like Autoduck to me.
You can find an Autoduck User Guide at literateprogramming.com/autoduck.pdf

If you are interested in moving your source code documentation from Autoduck to Doxygen, I recently created a Duck2Dox project at SourceForge project that might be helpful.