pass a sessionid to new aspx from webservice

Deere

I have an aspx page that calls a webservice function.

The webservice function has enablesession=true.

The webservice function performs an httpwebrequest to a second aspx
that does some processing.

My problem is that the second aspx creates a new sessionid instead of
using the one the webservice shows.

How can I keep the second aspx page processing within the original
sessionid + variables that the originating aspx page and webservice
maintain without a problem.

thanks
mark

John Saunders [MVP]

Deere said:
I have an aspx page that calls a webservice function.

The webservice function has enablesession=true.

The webservice function performs an httpwebrequest to a second aspx
that does some processing.

My problem is that the second aspx creates a new sessionid instead of
using the one the webservice shows.

How can I keep the second aspx page processing within the original
sessionid + variables that the originating aspx page and webservice
maintain without a problem.

The session id is meant to be passed in a cookie. Your web service will need
to do the same thing. Take a look with Fiddler or something like it at the
exchange when your first ASPX page is accessed - see how the cookie is sent
from the server to the client, then from the client back to the server. Do
the same in the web service.