    this? My boss may consider pay for it if it helps.

    Thanks in advance!

    Zheng

    Zheng Chen, Dec 3, 2007

  2. Zheng Chen

    sloan Guest

    Take this with a grain of salt...but I think.........

    You may have to write your own Custom Membership Provider ...... which can
    simply be a wrapper ( Adapter Design Pattern ) for the
    SqlMembershipProvider.

    You'll need a "local" version..... which passes calls thru to WCF.

    Then you'll need the ServiceLayer.<<I do this just to keep a clean
    implementation

    Then you'll need the server side code...with is the actual wrapper for the
    SqlMembershipProvider.

    I think the trick is that you have to write a service contract...
    IMyService....which implements MembershipProvider (or one of the higher
    interfaces for this class).

    Take a look at this example
    http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!158.entry

    ZebraControllerServiceWrapper
    ZebraControllerFascade
    ZebraController

    one of the things you'll notice is that all of these implement
    IZebraController

    to get to your situation.... I ~think~

    IZebraController : MembershipProvider

    But wait..MembershipProvider is an abstract class...so I don't even think
    that will work.

    Maybe IZebraController can implement MembershipBase (?? going from memory
    here)...or something like that.

    Its an interesting problem.

    Do a followup and see if that gets you anywhere, or if you hit a roadblock.

    sloan, Dec 3, 2007