Pass from parent to child, then update parent with child value...

Noel Dolan

Hi, I know there are a few variations on this questions about, but can't
find anything that quite does the trick.

I've got a selected record which has been read in from a database, using
this I then
build a (parent) page with a form on it, the form has a text box

<input type=text name=ArticleImage value='database.ArticleImageName'>,

and a text area called

<textarea name=ArticleText>database.ArticleText</textarea>.

On this page/form I want to be able to call a popup (child) page to show
alternative images (which will also be read
in from a database) for ArticleImage and if selected to feed/send this value
back to parent page/form. However, as
the user may have change to value of ArticleText on the parent form, I want
to ensure I don't lose this.

So basically, can I update the value of input text box on parent,
ArticleImage, with a value on child page, without doing
a refresh on parent and thereby possibly/probably losing any changes made to
textarea ArticleText?

Thank you in advance,

Noel.