Passing an enum to a web method

Tony

Does anyone know how to pass an enum to a web method?

public enum RptSetStatus
{
PendingApproval,
Active,
}

[WebMethod]
public void SetRptSetLoadComplete(Guid oUserInstance, int nRptSetId,
RptSetStatus eRptSetStatus)

Tony

Martin Kulov [MVP]

Tony said:
Does anyone know how to pass an enum to a web method?

Hi Tony,

if you are using .NET framework to call the web service, in the generated
proxy class on the client should be a method definition that would allow you
to pass the enum. Additionaly you can apply XmlEnumAttribute to your enum to
describe what value you want to serialize over the wire.

Regards,

Tony

Yes, the client is a v2.0 win forms client application.
I get compiler errors when attempting to use the enum - so if this is
possible, I must be doing something wrong..

Tony

Martin Kulov [MVP]

Tony said:
Yes, the client is a v2.0 win forms client application.
I get compiler errors when attempting to use the enum - so if this is
possible, I must be doing something wrong..

Tony.

it would be helpful to see some sample code that is causing the error.

Martin