Passing asp.net form data to a new browser window.

Souri Challa

Hi all,

Is there any way to pass a large amount of data from an asp.net form to
another browser window opened through client script ? (i.e without using
sessions ).

Here is my scenario.I've a datagrid in a user control on my webform. when I
click a button on my webform, it should display the contents of datagrid (
content type = excel ) in a new browser window.
Right now I'm able to get the contents of datagrid into a HTML string and
render this in the new browser window using a session variable. But I'm
looking to find out if there is any better ways of doing this.
( Re-rendering the user control/datagrid in the new browser window is not a
viable option for me, as the datagrid is typically populated by custom
events raised from other user controls available only on the main form ).

Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance.

-Souri

Chris Jackson

You'll have to do it using brute force if you want to use client side
scripts. window.open will return a reference to the new window that you
create, and you can use the DOM to pump in the objects or HTML that you want
displayed.