passing control to other window

varun chadha

i am trying to develop a application using Tkinter in which a new
window pops out on a particular button press.though i can pass control
automatically to that window using .force_focus() method and disabling
all my widgets in previous window but the technique is not so clean.
for eg. when u click 'save' a window pops out asking for location but
u can still close your previous window using the 'cross-mark' on top
right corner with save window still open.
can anyone help me out!

Mike Driscoll

i am trying to develop a application using Tkinter in which a new
window pops out on a particular button press.though i can pass control
automatically to that window using .force_focus() method and disabling
all my widgets in previous window but the technique is not so clean.
for eg. when u click 'save' a window pops out asking for location but
u can still close your previous window using the 'cross-mark' on top
right corner with save window still open.
can anyone help me out!

Look up modal dialogs or how to make your new window modal. This will
block the user from accessing the other window. I used a little
Google-fu to find this:

http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinter-dialog-windows.htm

That should get you started. Unfortunately, I don't use Tkinter much
any more as I went to wxPython instead. Good luck!

Mike