Passing Security

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

I have a web site that is selling a product. When the visitor agrees to buy
the product they are directed to a credit card processing company who debits
their card. Once the authorization is successful the credit card processing
company allows me to give them a link on the receipt that directs them back
to me so that the visitor can download the product.

How do I make the link hold a user name and password (or something) so that
the download page is secure enough to prevent visitors from simply typing
the URL to the download page and getting the download for free?

Thanks,

Chuck

Guest

Hi,

In simple way, you can encrypt the UName, PWD,Authorized Key from the credi
card company, and Session Key and store it in somwhere in your application
and retrieve it before showing the download page. Beased on that you can
allow or deny to download. Even you can use SSL also for secure transactions.

You can make it more complex too...to be more and more secure.

Cheers

Jerome. M