Pasting login url in browser doesnt work

bauhaus

I wanted to paste a login url in the browser, but I get a page with the
error "Entry form data missing."
And the url shows:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/loginfailed.php?err=missing&returnto=

Here's the form code:

<form name="myform" method="post"
action="http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelogin.php">
<input type="hidden" name="returnto" value=browse.php?>
</form>

The url that I pasted:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelogin.php?username=user&password=pass&returnto=browse.php?

What parameter am I missing here ?

C A Upsdell

bauhaus said:
I wanted to paste a login url in the browser, but I get a page with the
error "Entry form data missing."
And the url shows:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/loginfailed.php?err=missing&returnto=

Here's the form code:

<form name="myform" method="post"
action="http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelogin.php">
<input type="hidden" name="returnto" value=browse.php?>
</form>

The url that I pasted:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/takelogin.php?username=user&password=pass&returnto=browse.php?

What parameter am I missing here ?

Are you aware that the ampersand is a special character and must be
encoded in URLs?

bauhaus

Are you aware that the ampersand is a special character and must be
encoded in URLs?

The ampersand is automatically encoded in your browser, thats not the
problem.

Jonathan N. Little

bauhaus said:
I wanted to paste a login url in the browser, but I get a page with the
error "Entry form data missing."
And the url shows:
http://www.secret-cinema.net/loginfailed.php?err=missing&returnto=

Here's the form code:

<form name="myform" method="post"
^^^^

The difference between *GET* and *POST*. If takelogin.php gets parsed
values specifically from the $_POST global and not the less specific
$_REQUEST global your hack will not work...

C A Upsdell

bauhaus said:
The ampersand is automatically encoded in your browser, thats not the
problem.

How will the browser encode, for example

&password

When there is no such entity as "&password;" ?

bauhaus

<form name="myform" method="post"

I forgot to ommit the name="myform" before posting, it isnt in the original
html code. I wrote a javascript function so that the form is automatically
submitted, which works fine.
The difference between *GET* and *POST*. If takelogin.php gets parsed
values specifically from the $_POST global and not the less specific
$_REQUEST global your hack will not work...

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean POST submits additional nfo
that isnt visible in the form ?

Jonathan N. Little