!!! Path to docroot not valid: public

Muhammad Haseeb Khan

Hi All,

We are working on an application which is hosted on Slice.

The application was previously working fine but the host went down. So, the
host was restarted and now Mongrel isn't starting up.

I have tried the following commands by logging in as root. I am also posting
the ERROR Messages:

# mongrel_rails mongrel::start -l
/var/www/apps/application/shared/mongrel.log

!!! Path to pid file not valid: log/mongrel.pid
mongrel::start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails mongrel::start -h to get
help.

# mongrel_rails mongrel::start -l
/var/www/apps/application/shared/mongrel.log -P
/var/www/apps/application/shared/mongrel.8005.pid

!!! Path to docroot not valid: public
mongrel::start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails mongrel::start -h to get
help.

Then I tried changing the application.yml but no luck.

Following is the mongrel_cluster.yml

cwd: /var/www/apps/application/current
port: "8000"
environment: production
address: 127.0.0.1
pid_file: /var/www/apps/application/shared/mongrel.pid
servers: 3

And I run the following command:

# mongrel_rails mongrel::start -l
/var/www/apps/application/shared/mongrel.log -C
/var/www/apps/application/shared/setup/mongrel_cluster.yml

!!! Path to pid file not valid: log/mongrel.pid
mongrel::start reported an error. Use mongrel_rails mongrel::start -h to get
help.

Please help me in figuring out the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Haseeb Khan