[Perhaps OT] Zip

Steven Burn

This is probably OT but, I'm wondering if there is anything available that
would allow one to run a file (e.g: .asp file) that would zip the complete
contents of a folder and it's sub-folders (and keep the directory stucture)
periodically (sort of like an auto-backup thing).

Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to my site's server, so am trying
to find another way.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Without installing a component (and/or giving your site execute permissions
to winzip or gzip), probably not.

Steven Burn

Thats what I figured :eek:(

The thing thats annoying me the most is I have a rather lovely .class file
that zip's file's with ease, and without any .dll or .ocx etc components,
but it requires it to be placed in the \windows\java folder.... to why I do
not have access :eek:( (unfortunately, I have no idea who wrote the .class file
or I'd have asked them if there was any way it could have been modified to
be run on a server within the same folder or sub-folder as the site's files)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group