perl and php

Emmanuel Florac

Le Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:08:59 -0700, skywriter14 a écrit :
Please tell me why there are tons of web sites made with PHP as compared
to Perl or any other language, if PHP is worse than Perl and Ruby. How
does it survive? Not only the rookies program with PHP, isn't it?

Probably because a tremendous number of rookies started with php and go on
using it when they become more proficient. You know the best tool isn't
the more common, actually most common tools ( Windows, Java, PHP ) usually
suck more :) "100 billions flies eat shit, why shouldn't we?"

peter

peter said:
Hi,

this is not stinky bait. If you take it that way, please dont respond..

I have been away from UNIX software for quite awhile and want to get
back into it. I liked "C" but Java seems like the way to go for
compiled langs, now days so I will learn that.

At one time, I did a bit of perl but now I see php alot. I was
wondering what you guys thinks of the pros/cons of perl and php.

I appreciate your time,
peter

Hi guys,

I havent looked at this thread for a week...the php ng stopped posting a
long time ago...i think i much prefer the discourse and nuance of
perl...you shall be hearing from me again. :)

thanks,
peter

peter

Emmanuel Florac wrote:
You know the best tool isn't
the more common, actually most common tools ( Windows, Java, PHP ) usually
suck more :) "100 billions flies eat shit, why shouldn't we?"
hehehe,
thats why i like UNIX :)

Michele Dondi

The same way McDonald's survives - by catering to people who don't realize
and/or don't care just how terrible it really is.

How 'bout MySpace? ;-)

Michele