Perl Code Coverage

Larry_A_Starr

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to run code coverage on some of my perl code.
I have been able to get a .cvp file from running "perl -d:Coverage
test1.pl"
but I am unable to locate information on 'coverperl', or find the
coverperl program on my machine.
Does anyone know where to find information on coverperl?
Does anyone know the defualt install location of coverperl?

Matt Garrish

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to run code coverage on some of my perl code.
I have been able to get a .cvp file from running "perl -d:Coverage
test1.pl"
but I am unable to locate information on 'coverperl', or find the
coverperl program on my machine.
Does anyone know where to find information on coverperl?
Does anyone know the defualt install location of coverperl?

I only know in XP it goes into \perl\bin, but you might try looking in
the directory where you installed Devel::Coverage. It should be with
the module.

In terms of more info, the following might be some help:

http://www.ddj.com/184404661

As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
much else.

Matt

Matt Garrish

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to run code coverage on some of my perl code.
I have been able to get a .cvp file from running "perl -d:Coverage
test1.pl"
but I am unable to locate information on 'coverperl', or find the
coverperl program on my machine.
Does anyone know where to find information on coverperl?
Does anyone know the defualt install location of coverperl?

I only know in XP it goes into \perl\bin, but you might try looking in
the directory where you installed Devel::Coverage. It should be with
the module.

In terms of more info, the following might be some help:

http://www.ddj.com/184404661

As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
much else.

Matt

Randal L. Schwartz

Matt> In terms of more info, the following might be some help:

Matt> http://www.ddj.com/184404661

Matt> As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
Matt> much else.

In 2001 (the date of the article), Devel::Cover was alpha software, yes. It's
pretty mature now... and very useful.

Matt Garrish

Randal said:
Matt> In terms of more info, the following might be some help:

Matt> http://www.ddj.com/184404661

Matt> As the docs say, though, it's alpha software so there may not exist
Matt> much else.

In 2001 (the date of the article), Devel::Cover was alpha software, yes. It's
pretty mature now... and very useful.

Ahh, I wasn't aware it had branched off into another set of modules.
The Devel-Coverage module looked quite abandoned, and that was the best
I could find to point the OP to. There are a lot of Devel- and B-
modules I never get a chance to look at in my daily work, so I was
curious to see what this one could do. Thanks for the pointer!

Matt

Randal L. Schwartz

Matt> Ahh, I wasn't aware it had branched off into another set of modules.
Matt> The Devel-Coverage module looked quite abandoned, and that was the best
Matt> I could find to point the OP to. There are a lot of Devel- and B-
Matt> modules I never get a chance to look at in my daily work, so I was
Matt> curious to see what this one could do. Thanks for the pointer!

Ahh, hadn't even noticed that it said "Devel::Coverage" in the article.
I read what I wanted to read.

Egad. I'm human. :)

print "Just another Perl hacker,"; # and this too