Perl to Java bytecode

ccc31807

Searching the archives, I found old posts, but nothing recent. Is
there anything going on with Perl to match Scala or Clojure or Jython,
i.e., a compilation targeted to the JVM?

Thanks, CC.

rabbits77

ccc31807 said:
Searching the archives, I found old posts, but nothing recent. Is
there anything going on with Perl to match Scala or Clojure or Jython,
i.e., a compilation targeted to the JVM?
There is jperl
http://www.javainc.com/projects/jperl/
I took a brief look at this in the past.
There is no source distribution so you can't
look under the hood too closely(without
decompilation anyway *cough*).
Maybe it will get you started on what you
are looking to do. One note of caution though
is that it appears jperl has been dormant for
7 or 8 years...