Perl today and future

phal

Hi all

There are many web programmin, and Perl is the most suitable
programming language for CGI, more it is easy to use and has many
built-in functions. However, there are many web programming that can do
as what Perl does, and also make the life of programmer more easier.

If we talk about ASP, we will see the different that Microsoft try to
do with its technology and know its environment, .Net 2003, and today
..NET 2005. Yet, from the early of ASP.NET or from other Microsoft
products, there are really easy to use, (I dont say they are really
secure today). Even the early ASP not really as good as Perl, but today
ASP really can compare with Perl.

How you think about the future of Perl and its enermy?

Phal

Lars Kellogg-Stedman

How you think about the future of Perl and its enermy?

I think that characterizing Perl vs. other languages as a battle
involving enemies is not a productive conversation. I think almost all
languages have something to offer that other languages may not; your
choice is going to be dictated by what you're familiar with and the
requirements of the job at hand.

-- Lars

phal

Correct Perl no enermy, I not directly point to any programming
languages, but to the ability of Perl itself.

ced

phal said:
Correct Perl no enermy, I not directly point to any programming
languages, but to the ability of Perl itself.

You probably meant competitor rather than enemy. Try a search
engine lookup with "compare Perl ASP". Probably more than you
can read in a lifetime...

hth,