perlcc failing

Harry

Hi,

I'm unable to get perlcc to convert my perl-prog.pl program to an exe.
The program runs just fine as a Perl script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
/Harry

C:\>perlcc perl-prog.pl
C:\apps\Perl\bin/perlcc.bat: perl-prog.pl did not compile, which can't
happen:
Starting compile
Walking tree
Exporter saved (it is in Getopt::Std's @ISA)
Prescan
Saving methods
Can't locate object method "IVX" via package "B::NV" at C:/apps/Perl/
lib/B/C.pm line 650.
CHECK failed--call queue aborted.

C:\>perl -v

Copyright 1987-2007, Larry Wall

Binary build 822 [280952] provided by ActiveState http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Jul 31 2007 19:34:48

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source
kit.

Ben Morrow

Quoth Harry said:
I'm unable to get perlcc to convert my perl-prog.pl program to an exe.
The program runs just fine as a Perl script.

perlcc is broken. It has never worked properly (it was always marked
'experimental'), and has been removed from 5.10. Whatever you are trying
to acheive with it is probably better done using PAR.

Ben

Harry

I installed all 7 or 8 PAR pre-requisites. Now, I'm seeing the
following. (Using Perl 5.8.7 on Cygwin.)

me@mybox [~/tmp/PAR-Packer-0.976]
$ perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for the par.exe program
Writing Makefile for PAR::packer
me@mybox [~/tmp/PAR-Packer-0.976]
$ make
cp lib/App/Packer/PAR.pm blib/lib/App/Packer/PAR.pm
cp lib/PAR/Packer.pm blib/lib/PAR/Packer.pm
cp lib/PAR/Filter/Obfuscate.pm blib/lib/PAR/Filter/Obfuscate.pm
cp lib/PAR/Filter/PodStrip.pm blib/lib/PAR/Filter/PodStrip.pm
cp lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Base.pm blib/lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Base.pm
cp lib/PAR/Filter.pm blib/lib/PAR/Filter.pm
cp lib/PAR/Filter/PatchContent.pm blib/lib/PAR/Filter/PatchContent.pm
cp lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Dynamic.pm blib/lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/
Dynamic.pm
cp lib/PAR/Filter/Bytecode.pm blib/lib/PAR/Filter/Bytecode.pm
cp lib/pp.pm blib/lib/pp.pm
cp lib/PAR/Filter/Bleach.pm blib/lib/PAR/Filter/Bleach.pm
cp lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Static.pm blib/lib/PAR/StrippedPARL/Static.pm
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2
me@mybox [~/tmp/PAR-Packer-0.976]
$

Any fix / workaround for this?

Meanwhile, will give Cava and PerlBin a try. Thanks much,
/Harry