PHP

brucie

I prefer a booklet like "PHP for starters". Easier than an online tutorial.

these are good:

1. PHP for the World Wide Web Visual Quickstart Guide
2. PHP Advanced for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickPro Guide
3. MySQL: Visual QuickStart Guide
4. PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide

all by larry ullman from peachpit press. http://www.peachpit.com/

Dylan Parry

brucie said:
these are good:

1. PHP for the World Wide Web Visual Quickstart Guide
2. PHP Advanced for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickPro Guide
3. MySQL: Visual QuickStart Guide
4. PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide

all by larry ullman from peachpit press. http://www.peachpit.com/

I would certainly second the first two, and add to the list "PHP & MySQL
Web Development" by Luke Welling and Laura Thompson.

I've also found "PHP Bible" by Tim Converse and Joyce Park to be a very
useful reference, but only once I had learned PHP! It is a useless book to
actually learn the language but serves well as a reference.

Luigi Donatello Asero

brucie said:

Thank you very much for your answer.
I began reading it and I tried to write
www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
as php
and I made www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.php
now I am wondering whether I really made a php page and whether
there are validators for php pages.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/muranoglas.html
Un sito di persone che conosco:
http://www.homoweb.it/

Steve Pugh

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I began reading it and I tried to write
www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
as php
and I made www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.php
now I am wondering whether I really made a php page

Yes, but your server doesn't support PHP. If it did then the PHP would
not be sent to the browser, only the final output of the PHP. But when
I view the source of that page I see the original PHP, including:
<?php echo
#!/bin/php"<p>
which is incorrent anyway.

Steve

Luigi Donatello Asero

Steve Pugh said:
Yes, but your server doesn't support PHP. If it did then the PHP would
not be sent to the browser, only the final output of the PHP. But when
I view the source of that page I see the original PHP, including:
<?php echo
#!/bin/php"<p>
which is incorrent anyway.

Steve

Steve Pugh <[email protected]> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Well, my present webhost has a website where it is suggested, as far as I
understand that the server
supports PHP to some extent.

http://webhotell.telia.com/tiw/script/php.html
But according to what they say, as far as I understand I should use
#!/bin/php
as first line.

On the other side on the site
http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php