    mucked up my apache config as it localhost by itself no longer brings a
    page at just localhost , but yet Rails URLS still work this is strange
    to me as it seems as if Apache is not even running but it is.

    Baxter Baxter, May 11, 2008

    Phillip Gawlowski, May 11, 2008

  3. Yeah..hmm.. well apparently the version of Ruby does a lot more than I
    thought, I was trying to manually configure the apache2.conf files and
    all this other needless stuff , that the latest version of Ruby on Rails
    already does on install, and actually everything really was working out
    of the box until I stated changing it haha, I realized .So once I went
    back to the original apache2.conf file., phpmyadim worked fine.
    BTW phpmyadmin is a really great tool for managing mysql databases, I am
    quite capable at the commandline too, but if I am going that route I
    might as well use Oracle because it has a really nice command line
    interface. Never the less , I like to have a more visual view of table
    hierarchy, which I know you can do at the command line, but its just
    more adaptable. Besides all that, I am working on getting thru a
    tutorial book on Rails and the guy uses phpmyadmin and the command line
    interface , so in order to keep up with him , I needed to have both
    going.

    Baxter Baxter, May 12, 2008
  4. oh yeah also to correct what I said at first ,
    if you are using phpmyadmin with Rails, its where is usually is
    http://localhost.com/phpmyadmin

    Baxter Baxter, May 12, 2008