    usingh MMU?

    volatile char* myPtr= 0x00000004;

    Regards,

    namespace1, Nov 29, 2006

  2. namespace1

    mlimber Guest

    You'll want to ask in a group that deals with your platform. This one
    deals with the standard C++ language proper, not platform-dependent
    applications thereof. See this FAQ:

    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Nov 29, 2006

  3. Standard C++, the subject of this newsgroup, does not define "drivers"
    or "physical address" or "MMU". Try the newsgroup for your OS.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 29, 2006
  4. namespace1

    redfloyd Guest

    What Victor and mlimber said.

    In addition, if you're dealing with NT/2K/XP drivers, and you don't
    know anything about them, you're either in the wrong job, or your
    employer should spring for a driver training class. This class will
    teach you about the kernel memory management API.

    Writing WDM drivers is a tricky business, and really need an
    instructor.

    Also, you should look at the MS newsgroup hierarchy, for a newsgroup
    with "ddk" in the title.

    redfloyd, Nov 29, 2006