PIL show moves focus

elbertlev

Hi!

I have an application where images (jpeg) have to be annotated by an
operator. I use PIL like:

import Image
im = Image.open(Path)
im.show()
raw_input(Path + ':')

Python runs in a console window. Then show starts some application (in
my case "Windows picture and FAX viewer") and the picture goes to this
application window.
Then operator enteres the annotation as prompted by raw_input. So far
so good. I understand, that the approach is very minilalistic, but
suffisient for what has to be done.

Unfortunatelly after im.show focus moves to thw "Windows picture ..."
and stays there until I move it back using the mouse.

Question: is there any way of returning the input focus to the console
window?

kernel1983

Is the console necessary?
if not, you can easily disable the console by rename the ext to .pyw