pipe restoration

teacupfull.software

Got a question when using pipe for inter process communication.

I setup a pipe for
(1) A to B communication
(2) A to C communication

Each time during communication, A send a msg to B or C.

Here is a scenario I have problem.
At time t, A sent B a msg1. But before B read the msg1 from the pipe,
B is accidently killed. So this msg1 somehow stay in the pipe.

At time t+1, A sends another msg2 to C. C read the pipe and get
actually two msgs. I am OK with this. But then later whenever A sends
a new msg, C always get two msg, one of which is msg1.
..
This is where I have problem. Is there any way I can fix the pipe.
So that later when A send msg, C actually will get only one msg
without getting that msg1.

thanks.