"Pipeline" Generator presentation - where?

Sean DiZazzo

I remember reading (a few times) a presentation about using generators
to create "pipelines" The idea was to create very specific and small
generator functions, and then combine them together to get larger
results. The example used was to parse log files contained in gzipped
log files among other things.

I'd love to read it again, but I can't find it! Can somebody please
point me to it? TIA.

~Sean

Gary Herron

Sean said:
I remember reading (a few times) a presentation about using generators
to create "pipelines" The idea was to create very specific and small
generator functions, and then combine them together to get larger
results. The example used was to parse log files contained in gzipped
log files among other things.

I'd love to read it again, but I can't find it! Can somebody please
point me to it? TIA.

~Sean

It's probably this presentation by David Beazley you are thinking about:
http://www.dabeaz.com/generators/

If you like that, here is another of his presentations about creating
coroutines from generators:
http://www.dabeaz.com/coroutines

Gary Herron

alex23

Sean DiZazzo said:
I remember reading (a few times) a presentation about using generators
to create "pipelines"  The idea was to create very specific and small
generator functions, and then combine them together to get larger
results.  The example used was to parse log files contained in gzipped
log files among other things.

I'd love to read it again, but I can't find it!  Can somebody please
point me to it?  TIA.

Hey Sean,

I think you're refering to David Beazley's already-classic "Generator
Tricks for System Programmers":
http://www.dabeaz.com/generators/

His "A Curious Course on Coroutines and Concurrency" is also highly
recommended (there's a link from that page).

Hope this helps.

Sean DiZazzo

Tricks for System Programmers":http://www.dabeaz.com/generators/

His "A Curious Course on Coroutines and Concurrency" is also highly
recommended (there's a link from that page).

Hope this helps.

Thanks to you both! Thats it. I've finally begun to use generators
more frequently in my code, and I think it's a perfect time to
actually type out the examples and absorb.

Can't wait to read the coroutines presentation as well. It's
something I've never seen.

~Sean