Please help me to creating model of server

Yan Bernacki

I need TCPServer, who should:
1) accept and maintain a connection of clients
2) send to client response for their requests
3) send to client responses from redis database

I don't know how to correct do this.

If i do something like this:
Thread.start(server.accept) do |client|
Thread.new do
# get requests
end

Thread.new do
# send responses
end
end

I have 3 threads for each client..

Maybe is possible to solve a problem without a threads or use global
threads (not for each client).

Ben Bleything

I need TCPServer, who should:

As Chris said below, you need GServer :)
1) accept and maintain a connection of clients
2) send to client response for their requests
3) send to client responses from redis database

require 'gserver'
class YourServer < GServer
def serve( io )
# ... io is an IO object that can be read/written
end
end

server = YourServer.new( YOUR_PORT )
server.audit = true # turn on debugging output
server.start ; server.join