PNG/Jpeg and Crop smaller images

Berlin Brown

I need a programmatic way to crop large images into smaller images?
What are som techniques to do this. I could use the imaging java
libraries but I also want to work with PNG, does java support image
exports to PNG?

Andrey Kuznetsov

I need a programmatic way to crop large images into smaller images?
What are som techniques to do this.
the best way it to read only needed part of image.
Imagero Reader can do it, next version will also support lossless jpeg
cropping.
ImageIO can do it also, but ImageIO sometimes tends to read whole image
instead of required part.
I could use the imaging java libraries http://www.geocities.com/marcoschmidt.geo/java-image-coding.html

but I also want to work with PNG, does java support image
exports to PNG?
yes, ImageIO.