Polling a net address

Iain

Hi All,

I'm writing a system tray application for windows, and the app needs
to poll a remote site at a pre-defined interval, and then process any
data returned.

The GUI needs to remain responsive as this goes on, so the polling
needs to be done in the background. I've been looking into Twisted as
a way of achieving this, but can't seem to get anything to loop
successfully.

Does anyone have any pointers that they might be able to give me?

TIA.

Aahz

I'm writing a system tray application for windows, and the app needs
to poll a remote site at a pre-defined interval, and then process any
data returned.

The GUI needs to remain responsive as this goes on, so the polling
needs to be done in the background. I've been looking into Twisted as
a way of achieving this, but can't seem to get anything to loop
successfully.

Does anyone have any pointers that they might be able to give me?

You might prefer trying out threads instead; there's a simple Tkinter
example in
http://www.pythoncraft.com/OSCON2001/index.html