Pop Up dialog box

Guest

Hi guys, I am using VB .NET. I have a function in codebehind which validates
the user credentials against stored data in database. How can i cause the
script to pop up dialog box when login fails. I know we can set the label
text and visibility to true. However is it possible to cause dialog box to
appear in case if it fails.

thanks

manny

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Manny said:
Hi guys, I am using VB .NET. I have a function in codebehind which validates
the user credentials against stored data in database. How can i cause the
script to pop up dialog box when login fails. I know we can set the label
text and visibility to true. However is it possible to cause dialog box to
appear in case if it fails.

Sure, it's possible. Just have your code-behind class squirt out the
necessary JavaScript (basically, an alert(msg);). I discuss how to
provide such functionality - along with how to accomplish a bevy of
other common client-side tasks - at the following article:

Working with Client-Side Script
http://tinyurl.com/3w474

Cheers!

--