Pop-up using Ajax

DavidC

I have a FormView and ListView inside an UpdatePanel. I use the FormView to
insert records and then DataBind the ListView in Inserted event. I would
like to pop-up a simple alert box based on data inserted. I can get a Label
to populate in this situation but since it constitutes a warning I would like
to pop-up something to get their attention. I have used javascript alerts on
page script but since page does not reload it does not work. Can someone
point me to help on doing this? Thank you.

Gregory A. Beamer

DavidC said:
I have a FormView and ListView inside an UpdatePanel. I use the FormView
insert records and then DataBind the ListView in Inserted event. I would
like to pop-up a simple alert box based on data inserted. I can get a
Label
to populate in this situation but since it constitutes a warning I would
like
to pop-up something to get their attention. I have used javascript alerts
on
page script but since page does not reload it does not work. Can someone
point me to help on doing this? Thank you.

Here is one idea:
http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/10/yui_style_yesno_confirm_dialog.html

The modal popup in the AJAX control toolkit is also useful for something
like this:
http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/modalpopup/modalpopup.aspx

The only "trick" is in the wiring.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

DavidC

Thanks Greg. These ajax controls handle process prior to submitting. I want
to do something after panel is posted back via ajax. Something like "The
record was updated successfully" with only OK as option. Is there any other
way to do this? Thanks.