populating ddl and setting selectedvalue

When a button is clicked, I want to populate multiple ddl's and under
certain circumstances I want to set the SelectedValue. I've tried different
variations of this:

protected void btnImport_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
[snip]
int tblcols = dsCsv.Tables["csv"].Columns.Count;

for(int i=0; i<tblcols; i++)
{
ListItem liItem = new ListItem();
liItem.Text = dsCsv.Tables["csv"].Columns.ToString();
liItem.Value = dsCsv.Tables["csv"].Columns.ToString();
ddlAddress.Items.Add(liItem);
ddlOrganization.Items.Add(liItem);

if (liItem.Text.ToLower().IndexOf("company") >=0)
{
ddlOrganization.Items.FindByText(liItem.Text).Selected = true;

This doesn't work. Although items were added, the code won't recognize
these items until the entire btnImport_Click is finished. How can I
accomplish this?

Thanks.

Ad

Eliyahu Goldin

Sharing ListItems is a bad idea. The problem is that Selected is a property
of an ListItem rather than the ddl the item belongs to. It means that as
soon as you select an item in one list, it will become selected also in
another list.

Create separate instances if ListItems for every list.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Ad

Ah, this bit of info solves my issues. Thanks.

J said:
[...]

Top