Populating PDF form fields even if document is password protected

peter.larsson

Hi there,

I have a PDF document with some form fields, and the document is
password protected for edits so that the form fields cannot be filled
if you are not an administrator and knows the password. However
everybody is able to open and read the document.

I want to add a Javascript that populates the form fields when the
document is opened, but this fails because of the password protection
that gives me a NotAllowedError.

My question now is how I can prevent users from being able to fill the
form fields manually, but still allow the javascript to fill the
fields?

Thank you in advance!

Peter Larsson