Possible Memory Problem

Mohsen

Hello everyone,

I am writing a simulation program and based on my current results, I
think I have some memory problems. The program is composed of a main
and 5 other programs which has made it big (more than 3000 lines).
I am looking for some kinds of guidelines or any software that can be
used to check the program step by step.
I would appreciate your comments about this problem.

Thanks,
Mohsen

Phlip

Mohsen said:
I am writing a simulation program and based on my current results, I
think I have some memory problems. The program is composed of a main
and 5 other programs which has made it big (more than 3000 lines).
I am looking for some kinds of guidelines or any software that can be
used to check the program step by step.
I would appreciate your comments about this problem.

Get either Valgrind, Purify, or maybe Electric Fence, and run the program
with these turned on. They will report the characteristics of any blocks you
seem to leak.

And practice safe coding techniques, such as RAII, smart pointers, and unit
testing, so your odds of leaking go down.