post the form data in modal window and close the modal window.

Matt

In the following code, when user clicks Validate button in page1.asp,
it will open
page2.asp as a modal window. When the user click submit button in
page2.asp,
I expect to open page page3.asp as in page2.asp. However, it opens a
new
window for page3.asp. I guess this is because page2.asp is in modal
window.

What I want is: when the user clicks submit button in page2.asp, it
will
submit the form and open page3.asp, and closes page2.asp. What are the
workarounds to my problem? Thanks!!

=================== page1.asp ========================================

function openWindow()
{
var params;
var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("page2.asp",params,"dialogHeight:500px;
dialogWidth:500px;");
}

<INPUT type="button" value="Validate" name="PopulateButton"
onClick="openWindow()">

<FORM NAME="InputForm" ACTION="page3.asp" METHOD="POST">

Whitecrest

What I want is: when the user clicks submit button in page2.asp, it
will
submit the form and open page3.asp, and closes page2.asp.

Since you are assuming Javascript, why not just tell page2 to close
itself after launching Page3?

window.opener = null;
self.close();