Postback & Master Page

Vincent A.

Hello,

I'm developping an asp.net application which used master page on which
i add several web control. One of the them is a menu control which as
several button in order to develop each sub menu. When i click on this
button it rises a postback and refresh all my controls.
My question is the following : is it possible the postback acts only on
one web control ?

Thanks in advance

Vincent.

Bruno Alexandre

sure, but for that you need to use AJAX technology, cause Master Pages is
not like FRAMESETS

so if you want only one part of the page reload use ATLAS (Ajax technology
for .NET 2.0 Framework from Microsoft)

download the video (Scoot's To Do List) and see it happend!

http://atlas.asp.net/

Vincent A.

I think that AJAX is not the simpliest way to do this. I bielieved
there was a way thanks to cache or something like that.
May I use Javascript for my Menu Web control ?

Vincent

Bruno Alexandre a écrit :

Bruno Alexandre

ATLAS is really simple!!!

all you need to do to your code is:

add ONE tag

<atlas:ScripManager id="sm" runat="server" mode="condicional" />

and then all the controls you want to be reloaded you encapsulate in other
atlas tag, like, if you want to update just a GridView just put the GV code
inside that, like:

<atlas:UpdatePanel runat="server" ID="up1" Mode="Always" >
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:GridView ...
</ContentTemplate>
</atlas:UpdatePanel>

and you have set the GridView to use AJAX technology!!!!

off course you can do a lot of things, such have triggers and all, but
that's the simplest and I use it a lot :)

Belive me, it works fantastic!!! :-D

it's a time gain see the Atlas video from Scoot

--

Bruno Alexandre
(a Portuguese in Københanv, Danmark)

"Vincent A." <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem
I think that AJAX is not the simpliest way to do this. I bielieved
there was a way thanks to cache or something like that.
May I use Javascript for my Menu Web control ?

Vincent

Bruno Alexandre a écrit :

Vincent A.

I try your solution with Atlas, but my menu is based on buttons and
link butonns. So when i put an update panel it raises Javascript
errors :'(

Vince.
Bruno Alexandre a écrit :

Bruno Alexandre

imagine that you have an asp:menu control called myMenu, did you do like
this?

<atlas:ScriptManager runat="server" id="sm" enablePartialRendering="true" />

<atlas:UpdatePanel runat="server" id="up1" mode="Conditional">
<Triggers>
<atlas:ControlEventTrigger ControlID="myMenu" EventName="Click" />
</Triggers>
<contentTemplate>
the components that you need to update without refreshing the page
</contentTemplate>
</atlas:UpdatePanel>