Postback prevents additional postbacks

Ed Anady

I have a dynamically created page with a dropdown and a submit button.
The dropdown has an auto postback. If I change the selection on the
dropdown the postback correctly occurs, however I'm locked out of any
additional postbacks for about 10 seconds. If I click the button or
select another item in the dropdown during the 10 seconds the postback
(or any other page event) is not called. After the 10 seconds,
everything works as expected.

The original postback does not take 10 seconds - It processes the page
in a fraction of a second. Any thoughts are appreciated.