    Is this behavior is "by design" or it is just a bug?

    Thanks,
    Hadar

    Hadar, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Hadar

    Damien Guest

    Hi Hadar,

    If you're referring to the summary information included with files like
    Word's .doc files, I'm afraid you're out of luck. The summary
    information is stored in an alternate data stream, which is an odd
    feature you may not be that familiar with. Suffice it to say, I do not
    believe any browser will include any alternate data streams when
    uploading a file.

    Damien

    -----
    Quick summary of alternate data streams: Any particular path may in
    fact represent more than one "file". There is one default data stream
    (the one you or I would consider to be "the file"), and any number of
    alternate data streams. These are accessed by placing a colon : after
    the filename, and then the name of the stream you want to access, e.g.
    foo.txt:stream2. I believe the summary information is stored in a
    stream called ?SummaryInformation, where ? = U+2663, the club (or at
    least, that's how it appears on my system)

    Damien, Jan 17, 2006