    cameras ?

    I'm just trying to get a feel if its possible or not..

    Thx..

    JimmyHoffa, Jun 7, 2006

  2. JimmyHoffa

    Oliver Wong Guest

    My guess is that the .NET version is probably going to be a lot easier
    to develop than the Java version, particularly if this camera is built into
    your PPC device (as opposed to being a 3rd party add on).

    AFAIK, there is no generic JavaME or JavaSE camera API, so you would
    have to get an API from the manufacturer of the camera device. If that
    manufacturer is Microsoft, you're probably out of luck. If the manufacturer
    is SonyEricsson, you might want to try
    http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/techsupport/tipstrickscode/symbian/p_tipscode104.jsp
    For any other manufacturer, you'll have to find the API library yourself.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Jun 7, 2006

  3. JimmyHoffa

    JimmyHoffa Guest

    thanks for replying..

    As i suspected... I was getting excited when I saw netbeans now
    opening up the CDC world with their updates to the mobility kit. What
    I want is a camera control in my pallete....

    Well back to MS for now then... theres some more things to try yet...
    I wonder how long it will be before WM 5 is the standard OS on
    PPC's.....

    i hate being reliant on MS, they do some things very well but there are
    always things which really Pee me off... took me months to discover a
    problem why CABs would not build in vs2005... eventually turned out to
    be a path depth problem.... silly things like that..

    JimmyHoffa, Jun 7, 2006