predefined text is message field via the mailto-link

dorayme

If I may change tack here but on the general subject:

At <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL> after "Here is a typical
URI dissected:" is (a colourful image of) text in which a
"password" is attached after "user:"

Anyone know anything about this password possibility? An example
of a practical use would be welcome.

Ed Mullen

dorayme said:
If I may change tack here but on the general subject:

At <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL> after "Here is a typical
URI dissected:" is (a colourful image of) text in which a
"password" is attached after "user:"

Anyone know anything about this password possibility? An example
of a practical use would be welcome.
Some use it to log into an FTP account using Windows Explorer/Internet
Explorer. Not a very secure practice to have a URL stored in your
bookmarks or favorites with a username and password in plain text.

dorayme

Ed Mullen said:
Some use it to log into an FTP account using Windows Explorer/Internet
Explorer. Not a very secure practice to have a URL stored in your
bookmarks or favorites with a username and password in plain text.

OK, thanks.

Neredbojias

Don't worry Boji, the first thing anyone does when learning brain
surgery is to make a hole in the head. That will relieve the
pressure on its own. You are going to feel a lot better
immediately Ed starts on you.

I know you're a movie buff and are undoubtedly thinking of "One Flew Over
the Cuckoo's Nest", so just forget it. Besides (-and this is true) I've
already been shot in the head (with a .357 magnum, no less,) and that
didn't do it so I suspect that Ed would have a little more trouble than he
bargained for.

(The hidden part of the story is that the bullet hit a rock first and lost
almost all of its momentum.)

Neredbojias

Please don't grin xhtml style here, there is no advantage over
html 4.01 Strict for it.

The advantage was that I didn't have to type the whole </grin> thingy at
the end. However, now that you've made me type even more, you've turned
that blithely into a disadvantage. Typical.

dorayme

Neredbojias said:
(The hidden part of the story is that the bullet hit a rock first and lost
almost all of its momentum.)

Oh yeah? I heard that the reason the rock was not more damaged
was because it did not want to take anything away from what you
deserved.

Neredbojias

Oh yeah? I heard that the reason the rock was not more damaged
was because it did not want to take anything away from what you
deserved.

We weren't sure which rock it hit. I gathered a few likely candidates,
brought them to the squad room, and put them on the sergeant's desk because
we thought there would be an investigation, but Sarge just told me to get
my rocks off and take a nap. The nco mentality...