print help content in a Command Prompt

bkamrani

Hi,
This is a basic problem, but I want to print help content in a Command
Prompt in WinXP and scrolling back to see the first lines. If I start
a command prompt and run python, and then for example,

it starts showing the help, which can be controlled by page or raw
using Spacebar or Enter but after this ends, it seems that I can't
scroll back to see again the first lines.
In the Command Prompt Properties, layout tab, my Screen buffer size
is Width:80, Height:3000 and windows size 80x40 (W&H).

Any idea...? thanks in advance!!
/Ben

Chris

Hi,
This is a basic problem, but I want to print help content in a Command
Prompt in WinXP and scrolling back to see the first lines. If I start
a command prompt and run python, and then for example,

it starts showing the help, which can be controlled by page or raw
using Spacebar or Enter but after this ends, it seems that I can't
scroll back to see again the first lines.
In the Command Prompt Properties, layout tab, my Screen buffer size
is Width:80, Height:3000 and windows size 80x40 (W&H).

Any idea...? thanks in advance!!
/Ben

With an 80x300 Buffer on a 80x25 Window Size I can see the help
perfectly fine just by scrolling up on the scrollbar... It seems
rather odd that your prompt would act any differently.

Necmettin Begiter

25 February 2008 Monday 11:15:14 tarihinde (e-mail address removed) şunları yazmıştı:
Hi,
This is a basic problem, but I want to print help content in a Command
Prompt in WinXP and scrolling back to see the first lines. If I start
a command prompt and run python, and then for example,

it starts showing the help, which can be controlled by page or raw
using Spacebar or Enter but after this ends, it seems that I can't
scroll back to see again the first lines.
In the Command Prompt Properties, layout tab, my Screen buffer size
is Width:80, Height:3000 and windows size 80x40 (W&H).

Any idea...? thanks in advance!!
/Ben

Try PgUp when in Python help view.

Try "python -c 'help(list)'" to get the help without Python prompt.

bkamrani

25 February 2008 Monday 11:15:14 tarihinde (e-mail address removed) þunlarý yazmýþtý:

Try PgUp when in Python help view.

Try "python -c 'help(list)'" to get the help without Python prompt.

Even this doesn't help. But I think I've found a reason for this.
If I change the "start in" directory to C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (this is
where the cmd.exe file is located), then the printed text doesn't get
hide. Don't ask me why...

Thanks anyway,
/Ben

Gabriel Genellina

Even this doesn't help. But I think I've found a reason for this.
If I change the "start in" directory to C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (this is
where the cmd.exe file is located), then the printed text doesn't get
hide. Don't ask me why...

I usually open a new console pressing [windows key]+R, "run", no "start
in" directory is involved.
I've seen that after executing a 16-bit program, the console "switches" to
16 bit "compatibility mode", or something like that. The prompt is
displayed using short file names, and the screen buffer is disabled.