Printing a postscript file with Win32::Printer

paul.dorman

Hi all,

upon discovering (to my horror) that Win32::printer::Direct does not
respect the configuration set in the Printers and Faxes dialogue (such
as the source and output tray), I proceeded to look at using
Win32::printer do do the job.

The method that seems most promising is the Inject method, which
appears to let you inject raw postscript data into the job. I would
like to inject contents of the file I have so that it's data is the
only thing that gets sent to the printer.

No matter what I have tried though, the page comes out blank.

Has anyone managed to use Win32::printer to print a postscript file
loaded from disk? I need to either specify the source and output tray,
*or* have the current settings in the Printer and Faxes dialogue
respected. I also don't want to have to share the printers as this
would be politically incorrect where I work.

Examples would be very, *very* welcome.

Regards,
Paul