Printing webpages

Michael Schrading

Hi,

My question is: How to print out to seperate pages but I have only one html
page?

Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
do I set in a command for loading a new page?

Thank you for help

Michael

Toby A Inkster

Michael said:
Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
do I set in a command for loading a new page?

CSS 2 lets you do stuff like this, but the CSS print stuff is only
properly supported in Opera 6+.

Dennis M. Marks

I have read the following message from "Michael Schrading" <[email protected]>
and have decided to lend my vast knowledge.

The writer said:
Hi,

My question is: How to print out to seperate pages but I have only one html
page?

Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
do I set in a command for loading a new page?

Thank you for help

Michael

and my reply is:
The following worked on my printer with netscape.

test1<br>
test2

Test 1 and 2 were on 2 pages.

Sid Ismail

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:21:05 +0000, Toby A Inkster

: Michael Schrading wrote:
:
: > Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
: > printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
: > do I set in a command for loading a new page?
:
: CSS 2 lets you do stuff like this, but the CSS print stuff is only
: properly supported in Opera 6+.

print-page-before:always; works in IE as well. :)

Sid

Michael Schrading

Michael Schrading said:
Hi,

My question is: How to print out to seperate pages but I have only one html
page?

Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
do I set in a command for loading a new page?

Thank you for help

Michael

Thank you to all of you. I'll try this out.

Michael

Steve R.

Sid Ismail wrote in message ...
print-page-before:always; works in IE as well. :)

Do you have an example URL for this, so we can see just whereabout that
mark-up fits into the overall page mark-up.

Nico Schuyt

Steve said:
Nico Schuyt wrote in message ...
Wow ... thanks that was quick !!
I hope other *lurkers* will also appreciate your efforts.

I hope so too :) It's however more interesting if someone points me to the
fact it's an invalid solution and offers a better one. I'm here to learn
too.
Nico

Whitecrest

I hope so too :) It's however more interesting if someone points me to the
fact it's an invalid solution and offers a better one. I'm here to learn

Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors so don't take it that
way.

The newest version of Dreamweaver, now has type ahead help for CSS. (MX
had type ahead help for HTML only)

This is better than any manual I have found for learning.

I type:
h1 {

And it replys with a list of all the possibilities you can choose. I
click on "page-break-before"

Then it displays a list of all the possible choices I have (always,
auto, void inherit left right)

I find this more helpful that all the manuals in the world.

YMMV

Nico Schuyt

Whitecrest said:
(e-mail address removed) says...
Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors ...

What a pity. Alway such an interesting subject :0
The newest version of Dreamweaver, now has type ahead help for CSS.
(MX had type ahead help for HTML only)
This is better than any manual I have found for learning.
I type: <style type="text/css"> h1 {
And it replys with a list of all the possibilities you can choose. I
click on "page-break-before"
Then it displays a list of all the possible choices I have (always,
auto, void inherit left right)
I find this more helpful that all the manuals in the world.

Did you try TopStyle light? Does the same and is free :)
In practice it's often easier to do it by hand:
- Most of the times you copy and paste from an existing stylesheet
- You don't need most of the (hundreds of) (default) properties
- A clean white NotePad (or FrontPage :) screen is a blessing for the eye
Nico

Whitecrest

What a pity. Alway such an interesting subject :0
Did you try TopStyle light? Does the same and is free :)

Nope never tried it, but I find the type-ahead help to be an awesome
asset to ANY development tool.
In practice it's often easier to do it by hand:
- Most of the times you copy and paste from an existing stylesheet
- You don't need most of the (hundreds of) (default) properties
- A clean white NotePad (or FrontPage :) screen is a blessing for the eye

But you learn nothing. Type-ahead help, in almost any application,
allows you to not only get the help you want, it also allows you to
quickly see all the other options to. Much like in music. When A
songwriter learns something new, (a new form of a chord, or a new
turnaround, what ever) They tend to instantly write a new song
incorporating what they just learned.

Type-ahead help is like that. It can quickly let you glance at what is
out there, if you learn something new, you will probably use it.

Man, 4 posts, and it is still civil.....

Nico Schuyt

Whitecrest said:
(e-mail address removed) says...
Nope never tried it, but I find the type-ahead help to be an awesome
asset to ANY development tool.

But you learn nothing. Type-ahead help, in almost any application,
allows you to not only get the help you want, it also allows you to
quickly see all the other options to. Much like in music. When A
songwriter learns something new, (a new form of a chord, or a new
turnaround, what ever) They tend to instantly write a new song
incorporating what they just learned.

Wow, you are almost lyrical about the DW :). Perhaps I should give it a
try.

Nico

:

http://myweb.absa.co.za/elsid/results/2004feb04!!.htm

I didn't write the HTML - it is generated through a Bridge Scoring program.
Print it out, and have a look. :)

Sid

Mark Parnell

Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors so don't take it that
way.

How boring.
The newest version of Dreamweaver, now has type ahead help for CSS. (MX
had type ahead help for HTML only)

Does it use CSS instead of <font> tags now?