Printing

Just D.

Who and how prints reports from the WebApplication? For example if I have
some dataview and show the report on the DataGrid the DataGrid is long and
scrollable. How can I print the report on the client's printer in a few
pages from one click to show everything without scroll bar etc. I need
something like a report generator, but it should be running on the client's
machine and his browser. Could anybody give a good advice what are the usual
ways to do that?

Just D.

Just D.

Cool! How it can be used in the Web Application? I can generate a DataGrid,
but what does it have to the printing from the WebApp? Or maybe you're not
talking about DataGrid at all? What controls, forms, pages, whatever?

Just D.

Guest

Here is a workaround with div tags but it might not compatible with all
browsers.
Basically you need to have all the elements inside div tags with the
datagrid in a seperate div. Now when the user clicks print you need to hide
all the other divs, apply a different style to the datagrid which sets no
scroll to the datagrid and then call the print function in javascript.. again
you need to make the hidden elements visible so you see the webpage normally.
You can find some interesting discussion here
http://www.activewidgets.com/javascript.forum.1862.7/print-the-grid.html