Probably I don't understand nothing about authentication...

attilio

Hy all,

Here it is my web.config

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="MySqlConnection" connectionString="Data
Source=DESKTOP\SQL2005;Initial Catalog=MSSql16952;Persist Security
Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=A1971_?05_G29"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>
<system.web>
<membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
<providers>
<clear />
<add
name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="MySqlConnection"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
requiresUniqueEmail="true"
passwordFormat="Hashed" />
</providers>
</membership>
<roleManager
enabled="true"
cacheRolesInCookie="true"
defaultProvider="AspNetSqlRoleProvider"
cookieName=".ATTILIOGELOSA.IT"
cookieSlidingExpiration="true"
createPersistentCookie="false"
cookieProtection="All">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="MySqlConnection"
applicationName="AttilioGelosa"/>
</providers>
</roleManager>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseUri" />
</authentication>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</configuration>

And this is in the directory I want to protect:

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="TimeTraking" />
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Now. The question is: why I have to insert my username and password *EVERY*
time I try to go to one of the protected page? E.G. I try to go to
Default.aspx in the protected directory and (...correctly...) system asks me
to type username and password. After that if I click on one of the page
"under" the Default.aspx the system ask me username and password another
time...

Thank you

Attilio