Problem adding a wcf web reference

cowznofsky

We have a couple of virtual servers for test, one cloned from the
other.

When I try to add a web reference from the second one, using a link to
the .svc file, the expected page comes up, saying "You have created a
service", with the explanation to use svcutil.
But I the 'Add Reference' button is not enabled, as there is an error
"....the ..svc file was not recognized as a known document type", etc.

I can deploy my service to another machine and it works, so I'm trying
to figure out what's missing on this test server. Win2003 server
with IIS 6.0. .Net framework 2..0.050727 and 3.0.
I've run aspnet_regiis.

One thing I noticed was that there was no aspnet_isapi.dll in the
2.0.50727 folder (I don't know if it's expected, but I see it in other
machines.)