Problem adding AJAX Control Toolkit to VWD 2008

rudi2218

Hi Everyone,

I followed the instructions on the site to add the
AjaxControlToolkit (AjaxControlToolkit.dll) to the VWD 2008 toolbar:
http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspx

However, when I selected the AjaxControlToolkit.dll and clicked OK
(as the instructions say to do), I get the following error:

' There was an error loading types from assembly
"C:\Project\.....\AjaxControlToolkit\Bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll"
Could Not load file or assembly "System.Web.Extensions",
version 1.0.61025,0....'

Do I need to place the Ajax Control Toolkit or any files in any
particular directory?

Also, another weird thing is that when I select "New Project" I see
under my template 3 icons that say Ajax Web Site.

I even tried to unistall VWD 2008 and install it again. Regular
controls
and .Net 3.5 work fine. The Ajax Control Toolkit are the ones that I
can't add to the Toolbar.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Rudi

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello (e-mail address removed),

You can put that dll to any folder or to GAC and then add reference to that
dll in your VS project.
It should work fine.

---
WBR,

rudi2218

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply and recommendation. I'll try it and will let
you know.

Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:http://spaces.live.com/laflour

[...]

I tried placing the dll in other directories (right in the .Net
directory). Then I added
it to the project again (right clicked on Solution Explorer and added
it to the Project).

Then I need to add it to the Toolbox to have the controls available.
I created a new
section called Ajax Control Toolkit. I then right clicked inside that
section and selected
Choose Items. I browsed to that directory and selected the
AjaxControlToolkit.dll.
Then it still gives me an error "Can't load assembly
"System.Web.Extensions"..."

I'm still unable to place the Ajax Controls in the Toolbox.

Any ideas on what else can I do to get that working?

Have a nice day and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rudi

Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Add AJAX Contol Toolkit

I had a simular issue. Try this. Add a new tab to the toolbox. Within the new tab, select Choose Items and select the AjaxControlToolkit.dll file to add the controls to the toolbar.

Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Just need to swich to Design mode of page and then add

Hi,
I also face similar issue. However I realise that only code file was open i.e .cs file and I was tring to add ajaxtoolkit. then I open the same page in design mode then I wen to tool box and added ajaxtoolkit . that resolve the issue and I am able to add it.

Hope that will help you.