Ajax control toolkit not working

Cesar

I have the ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions 1.0 installed (v1.0.61025). As to the
web.config file, I'm using the one created using the ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled
website ...

This error is due to that I'm trying to use the AJAX control toolkit, but
when I try and add the controls to the toolbar of VS2005 from the dll, I get
this error:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0
AJAX\Extensions\AJAXControlToolkit\Binaries\AjaxControlToolkit.dll is not a
Microsoft .NET module

Also if I create a virtual directory and copy the contents of the sample
website that comes with the ajax toolkit and I want to run a page (e.g.
calendar.aspx), I get the following message:

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'
or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly
manifest.

Source Error:

Line 2: Culture="auto" UICulture="auto" Theme="SampleSiteTheme" %>
Line 3:
Line 4: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %>
Line 5:
Line 6: <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="SampleContent" runat="Server">

Source File: /SampleWebSite/Calendar/Calendar.aspx Line: 4

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Cesar

Manish Bafna

Hi,
You have to include the AjaxControlToolkit.dll into the bin folder of your
webapplication

Cesar

Hello,

Thanks for your help.
The AjaxControlToolkit.dll is already there in the bin folder.

Regards,
Cesar

--
Hope this helps.